Everyone Has a Story: Double amputee says It took losing his legs to feel whole

“Holmen, WI (WXOW) – When Walter Van Roo is in the room he gets a lot of looks. With his prosthetic legs on he stands about six feet seven inches.

Walter was bit by a brown recluse spider in 1995. The poison lay dormant in his body for years but doctors believe the poison was reactivated when he
walked in cleaning chemicals.

“I hope that I can be an inspiration to somebody and that somebody sees me and they have a question…ask me. I got to look at things on a brighter note and by me explaining things to others helps me mentally,” said the 44-year-old.”

Read the full story and watch the video, here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *